Over the past few years, Instagram has brought in a lot of changes in it to make it more effective, useful and most importantly safe. Some of these features brought in are exciting and very interesting like the Instagram blue check for verification.
- In June 2018, Instagram introduced to IGTV for the users. This is actually the Instagram version of social television. Herein, users can upload short videos of about an hour and share it with others.
- In August last year,Instagram facilitated profile verification that was till then reserved for celebrities, brands, and public figures only. Now, everyone can apply for this Instagram blue check mark that signifies that the account has been “verified.”
This is the badge that appears next to the profile name and authenticates the account. It also signifies that the person or the entity is genuine.
However, the process to get an account verified is still not that easy.The entire verification process is completed in different and definite steps.
- To get your account verified it is important that you provide a proof of your identity on different social media platforms. This means, if you have your account verified in Facebook, it will be easier for you to get your account verified on Instagram as well.
- Another useful way to get your account verified is by increasing the number of followers to your account. This will tell Instagram that you are a real person and your account is as genuine as you are.
The steps to follow are simple. It includes:
- Opening the Instagram app on your phone
- Going to the settings
- Scrolling the menu down
- Tapping on the Request Verification
- Adding your full name and account name
- Attaching your valid photo ID for personal account verification and legal business ID for business account verification and
- Clicking Send.
Your application will then be reviewed after some time and you will be notified that it has and even if it is denied.
Instagram verification right now is high in demand and this is the primary reason that all accounts are not verified even if it is requested through proper channel. To make sure that the designation provided to your account does not lose its value, Instagram needs that you meet with all the qualification and requirements so that it can give the blue verification badge to your account.
About the criteria
To make sure that you get your Instagram account verified you will need to follow their Community Guidelines and Terms of Service. A few of these guidelines are:
- You must prove that your account is authentic and you are a genuine person and a registered businessor a brand. That means in other words, you must be who you say you are.
- You must have a public and not a private account so that it can be viewed by everyone.
- Your account must be complete in all respects with proper contents and your Bio section filled up properly. You must also add your profile photo and there must be at least one post uploaded in it.
- It is also necessary to make sure that your account is unique as compared to others with the only exception for those accounts that are languagespecific. This means, you can get only one account verified per person or business.
- Since Instagram does not verify any accounts with general interest or carry general content such as pictures of pets and those that has a collection of funny memes, it is required that you make your account notable as well.
It is only when you meet with all these requirements that Instagram will review your account. When it does so, there are two basic things that will be considered. One, whether your account features in various news sources and whether or not your account name is searched by the users.
Benefits of having verified account
There are several benefits of having a verified Instagram account.
- People you trust you and your brand more when they see the blue badge of verification beside your account name. This is because the blue check mark indicates that Instagram has verified your account and has perceived it to be authentic genuine account that has significant volume of organic following. This will encourage people to follow you more as everyone wants to follow genuine persons and avoid imposters.
- The blue badge will also make your account look unique and exclusive. This badge has got a lot of value because not all accounts can obtain this mark of authenticity and genuineness. This small check mark will add more brand and account value thereby raising your confidence level and the level of trust in your followers.
- You as well as your followers will feel free and safe to share your share content via your account. With an elevated trust level among people, it will be easier for you to leverage your account and even add a couple of influencers to endorse your brand.
- One of the most significant benefits of getting your Instagram account verified is that you can easily prove to people that your account is the only official one. This will significantly help to eliminate any possibilities of identity theft.
Over the years, there have been a countless number of instances where fake accounts are created by people to impersonate a public figure, or a known celebrity and even major business brands to gain more followers to these fake accounts. This has got a lot of negative side effects apart from damaging the repertoire and impression of the account holder and creating a wrong impression.
With this blue check mark beside your account name, such possibilities are minimized and people will never mistake a phony account and click on it when they are actually looking for you and your brand.
It is for these specific reasons that all Instagram users, celebs, business brands and others crave to have this small blue check mark beside their name. Thanks, to Instagram, obtaining such a verified mark of authentication is now easy.
Author Bio –
Kristen Smith has been working on the importance of social media in marketing with thousands of real Instagram followers for her postings. You can visit Instagram blue check for more information.