A marriage Biodata is made as soon as you have completed your studies, and have a job in hand, it is time to find a suitable match for the boys and girls for those who have not fallen in love yet. Arranged marriages are quite common in India, and nowadays getting a suitable match is as tough as securing a job. There are several online sites that help in marriages, nowadays and they ask for your detailed marriage bio-data.
Some people prefer a love marriage over an arranged marriage and thus, you guys can check out your love meter on our Love Calculator.
Bio data format for marriage
Now, if you are still in the queue waiting to be wed off aren’t it better if you know what a marriage bio-data is, beforehand?
Download Now Latest Biodata Format for Marriage doc
Well, to begin with, it is similar to your curriculum vitae of jobs.
The marriage bio-data is a clear, succinct document that contains your information in a short summary- what kind of a person you would want to marry, what kind of person you are, and what your preferences are when it comes to food, travel and other choices. The marriage bio-data is a way in which you officially introduce yourself to the others in the community.
A marriage Biodata must include, the following details
1) Name: Try to stick to your official name (refrain from using pet names in this section) on the marriage bio-data.
2) Age: Mention your age (Your birth certificate or your school certificate must be consulted since this site must have your authentic age and date of birth). Please refrain from using wrong data in this section of the marriage bio-data.
3) Date of birth: Write the same date of birth that you have used to calculate your date of birth.
4) Religion: Every family teaches the religion part to children, mention the same in marriage bio-data. Broadly Indians belong to the few religions cited below.
- Hindus (Majority community)
- Muslims (minority community)
- Christians (Minority community)
- Sikhs (Minority community)
- Buddhists (Minority community)
- Parsi (Minority community)
- Jains (Minority Community)
- Others (There are some people who do not wish to have a religion tag with their identity. You can always write something interesting like, “Yet to be decided” or “I have no borders,” if you do not want religion to be the stepping stone behind your bonds.
Castes: There are a few castes assigned as per the Government of India, mention the same in your bio-data for marriage. If you know yours, please mention it or leave it blank. The castes are
- General Caste
- Backward Caste
- Scheduled Caste
- Scheduled Tribes
Gotram: Another big segment, in the Indian marriage Biodata is the Gotram is the point of your origin. It is believed that we are a part of a tree of life. Most of us have descended from the Rishis (sages) or from some other communities. There are taboo and totem for every community. The taboo is the animal and totem is the plant that you are supposed to worship and revere and treat with respect. This was a way to conserve the animals and plants of the world.
Profession: Please incorporate your current profession in your marriage bio-data. Mention your previous professions in the description box.
Introducing parents: Introduce parents and their details.
Introducing brothers and sisters/ siblings: If you have siblings try to introduce them briefly in your bio-data. If you like to be in a family or if you prefer being not too descriptive, you must not delve a lot into your family details for security reasons.
Educational background: Try to put your educational background, the main details on the forefront of your bio data for marriage.
Salary: Your current salary please!
Expectations from the bride or the groom: I am sure we all make relations, expecting something from the other end. That is why we are so keen on making relations. Thus, it would be good to enlist your expectations and if your expectations match with the other person’s expectations, you can obviously find a potential match in them. Include a crisp format in bio data for marriage.
Profession of parents: Your profession tells a little about your field of work and activity. Your parents’ activity would also suffice their social circle. This is often required to understand whether your thought patterns and their thought patterns would merge or not.
Your likes and dislikes: Now this is a major point. Likes and dislikes include your food, travel, beverage and your fashion preferences many a times. It can also include your reading habits, your smoking habits, your drinking habits, if you have any diseases. What kind of women would you prefer to have in your life? Mention everything possible in your marriage bio data.
Your food preferences: This section is mainly reserved for your food choices- vegetarian, non vegetarian, eggetarian or extreme of any ‘tarian.’
Your other choices: If you have any other preferences worth mentioning, then you can also put that into this bio-data.
Please keep in mind that a marriage bio-data is not a legal document and does not need any legal aide to set it up.
You can further add the following to your details in the bio-data for marriage.
- Body Type: Well, yes if you think that is important.
- Current Location: Where are you put up currently- many people do not prefer migrating, many people do not prefer relocating to other places.
- Lifestyle: What kind of a lifestyle you maintain- sedentary, moderate or do you live to travel. Please mention.
- Personality type: In a one word manner or as a full description, you can mention your personality type. It could be that you are an outgoing person and prefer someone who can also be with you while you roam around the world.
- Horoscope details: For Hindus, must provide the horoscope details, it is almost a must even today. Horoscope/Rashifal is a detailed representation of the planetary position of the native during birth. It is believed amongst Hindus that our other halves come with our destiny and so knowing the Janam Kundli is believed to help us match our kundli with that of other men or women thus taking us to the right person.
- Details of the church if you are a Christian: If you are a Christian, you have to specify your church.
- Details about religious practices like Hajj, Namaz and dressing sense has to be mentioned in Muslims.
You can create your Bio-data either in a MS word format document or you can also make it online.
Our marriage bio data is broadly classified into the following categories:
General information: Name, parents information, age, date of birth, current city, city of residence, family members, caste, creed, sex, educational background profession and Kundli details (if that is not a separate section).
- Appearance: Height, weight, build, hair colour, eye colour, facial features, your complexion. You can incorporate your photographs in this section.
- Contact information: Email ID, telephone number, address if applicable, landline number, mobile number and social media information.
- Lifestyle: Hobbies, likes and dislikes, interests, values and cultural background, opinions, food and drinks, smoking details, drinking details.
- Ambition/Life Goals: What do you consider to be the aim of your life?
- Partner expectations: What are your partner preferences? What kind of a person would you like to have in life?
There are online Biodata templates available that can help create,
- Simple Marriage Biodata templates
- Detailed marriage bio data templates
- Religion based marriage bio-data templates
You can take a day or two and create such a marriage Biodata if you are seeking to find a match for yourself or your siblings, cousins, friends and many more.