When it comes to building a website, you must first have a game plan. Here is the process that I used when I decided to create a website of my own. I hope this is of help to you!
First, decide exactly what you want you website to be.
The first aspect of building a website requires considerable planning. Websites need to have a specific purpose and it should provide value to your visitors or your reader. A website should focus on a particular niche or category which will eventually determine who the website’s audience will be.
SEE ALSO: TIPS & TRICKS
If you have too many categories and topics on your website, the content will be too scattered and visitors will have a hard time remembering what your website is for. At best, you can rely on search engine posts so your website can be found. Site loyalty will not be established since the topics are too many.
In this step, I covered the following aspects such as the following:
- Determining my website niche and what I want my website to be about.
- Website categories and potential blog topics/ideas for each category.
- Creating a Site Map.
On deciding what the website niche will be, it really depends on your interest or what you want to write about. There are so many niches out there that it can be quite hard to cull them down. However, if you want your website to be successful, you should start with a niche that you are about. That way, you will be enthusiastic when it comes to planning the digital content of your site.
For my website, the niche I chose is on “Women’s Lifestyle”. Categories in my website include skin care, makeup, fashion, and womanly interests. In each category, topics include reviews on products and services, updates on new releases, and opinion related articles.
Second, this is the time to create a website.
Creating a website has never been made easier than before. I used a website creator which is hPage.com where I was able to make a professional website swiftly and easily.
What I love about this website creator is that I did not even need to learn any coding or programming techniques to build my website. I have been hearing from other entrepreneurs and website owners that they had to hire a website developer to create their website. This option of hiring someone to build and maintain a website cost them hundreds up to thousands of dollars. Unfortunately, I do not have the financial capabilities to consider that.
Instead, I looked around for online tools and found that the hPage website builder will do the trick. It’s very affordable too. I only pay a monthly fee of about $10 USD to create and maintain my website. It’s a cheap price considering the amount of money I earn through my website now.
To create a website on hPage, simply go to the website and sign-up for an account. From there, hPage will give you the building blocks to make your website. You can get a custom domain, website template, and create webpages easily without any help!
Third, plan your content and set a specific deadline.
To ensure your website’s growth, it is very important to plan your content accordingly. Constantly spewing new content is a surefire way to attract new visitors. It also shows your site is regularly maintained and still up and running. Nobody wants a ‘dead’ website.
When it comes to planning content for my site, I have a content planner where I list down possible topics to write about. I also set a specific deadline of when that specific content will appear on my website. You can use an excel sheet or a paper planner for this part.
Here is how I apportioned the parts in my content planner:
- Categories of my website
- Possible topics or titles to write about
- Publishing deadline
- Notes/Outline of the content
- Photo links or photo ideas
Take note that your website should not always be about creating new topics and content. Your website content also needs to be updated. That means old content needs to be revised and published again so it would not be outdated.
Fourth, promote your website.
If you created your website with a website builder such as hPage, there is a Search Engine Optimization package that comes with your website. That means the webpages can easily be indexed and searched on Search Engines like Google or Bing. So if someone searches for a keyword or title related to your site content, it can be found on search engines.
However, the built-in Search Engine Optimization function of website builders can only do so much. If you really want to grow or expand your website, you need to employ some marketing techniques to promote and advertise it and also see our best quality blogs for sale. But don’t worry, it’s actually quite easy.
When it came to the promotion of my website, here are some of the techniques I used:
- Set up and expand social media pages. I set up Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages for my website. Ultimately, your social media sites will depend on who your audience is. If you website is about Gaming, perhaps Twitter and Instagram are not the right social media platforms for you. In that case, you will have to use Youtube, Discord, and/or Twitch to promote your website since those are the platforms where the gamers usually are.
- Promote your site on related forums. Forums may seem like a dying platform now due to the advent of Facebook groups and other membership sites. But you can still promote your site on active forums. As much as possible, do not spam your website. Only promote it if it is related to the topic or the forum category.
- Partner with other websites. I contacted the owners of other websites and asked if they could my website link put up on their website provided that I also put up their website link on mine.