Uttar Pradesh is the most populated state of India and possesses a number of cities that you must visit once because they offer you a wide variety of ancient knowledge, a range of different culture and a list of historical monuments.
Places to visit in Uttar Pradesh
- Agra: – No matter who you ask, the first name on everyone’s tongue regarding the places to visit in Uttar Pradesh will always be Agra. This is a must-visit places for everyone. It receives a large number of visitor’s everyday not from the country but foreigners as well. A person visiting India will not miss this magical city. The first and foremost thing to see in the city is definitely the ‘Taj Mahal’. Taj Mahal is one of the seven Wonder of the World. It is one of the most beautiful creatures of humans on earth. You will fall in love with the beauty and the architecture of the building. Not just the building, you will also find a number of stories related to it which makes the sight even more joyful. Being at the bank of Yamuna River, it turns out to be an even more beautiful scene. You must go there with your loved ones as it is a symbol of love. Along with the Taj Mahal, there are more places to visit in the city like Agra Fort, Fatehpur Sikri, Panch Mahal, JAMA Masjid and Agra Art gallery. All these places are must-watch sites in Agra city. You can get great discount on ticket booking online using goibibo coupons.
- Varanasi: – The city is blessed with Ganga River which is considered to be a very holy river and possesses water that is never infected. This has also been proved in a few types of research. Along with that, it has a number of ghats where you can enjoy the scene of the Ganga. Being a city to possess holy river, Ganga is one of the major sites for the pilgrims. It is often termed as the ‘religious capital of India.’ It also has a number of temples you must visit when you are in the city. Major attractions of the city are Manikarnika Ghat, Man Mandir Ghat, Ramnagar Ghat, and Kashi Vishwanath Temple. Not just temples and rivers, the city also has the Archeological Museum which is a great source of knowledge of past and present.
- Allahabad: – Another name for the city is Prayag and recently, the name of the city has been changed to Prayagraj. The city is a very important center for the Indian devotees and Hinduism believers. As per the stories of Hinduism, the creator of the world Lord Brahma landed this very place when he came to earth so this is a major site for Hindus. This city is also blessed with not one or two but three major rivers of India namely, Ganga, Yamuna, and Saraswathi. It is the meeting point for these rivers. Major attractions for the city are Triveni Sangam, Khusro bagh, Allahabad Museum, and Allahabad Fort. Once every 12 years, it hosts one of the largest religious gatherings in the world for the Kumbh Mela or known as Kumbh fair.
- Kanpur: – it is the biggest city in the state often regarded as the Manchester of the country. The city is situated at the bank of river Ganga. And offers a splendid view. It is a capital for the industries and also the commercial capital for the country. Major places you must visit once you are in the city are Bithoor, jajmau, Boodh Bargad, Kanpur Gardens, Radhakrishna Tempe, Jain Glass Temple, Mecca Masjid, Allen forest zoo, Agricultural Gardens.
- Mathura: – The city is considered to be very important in terms of religious views as well as historical data. The city is supposed to have about 20 monasteries before Hinduism was in prominence. It is the birthplace of Lord Krishna and has a number of temples that you must visit. There are an uncountable number of temples and every one of them is equally important as a religious site or a site for architecture. Other major attractions of the city are Jama Masjid, Kansa Qila, Dwarkadhish Temple, Radha Kund, Govardhan Hill, and Mathur Museum. It is the birthplace of Lord Krishna and one amongst the seven sacred sites for Hinduism. You can get the latest free job alert updates from fresh hiring.
Uttar Pradesh is a place about which you might have heard some mixed emotions but trusts me, people there in those cities are as kind and cheerful as in others. You must visit the places once because it is not just about religious views but for knowledge as well.